Eagle Eye Book Consignment Program
The program will be on hold for two weeks as we revamp the program. If you're interested in participating, please fill out this form. https://forms.gle/YPA9MTEas2YAEEeU6
Eagle Eye Book Shop is pleased to support independent authors by offering a consignment program. Placing books in our inventory on consignment allows us to carry and feature a wider variety of books, including independently published and print-on-demand titles; we’re not limited to the traditional publishing channels and we can help these authors reach more readers.
We hold consignment books to the same high standards as the rest of our book inventory.
- All consignment books must be bound with legible titles on the spines, imprinted with an ISBN and barcode, proofread and free of typographical errors.
- We suggest having your manuscript professionally edited.
- The book cover must convey a professional level of design and artwork.
- We will stock 3 copies of each consignment title once your book has been accepted.
- We agree to stock books on consignment for a 90-day period.
If you provided us your book through prior negotiation:
- We will send payment accrued from book sales to an address that is provided on the consignment agreement at the end of the consignment period.
- We remit 60 percent of the book’s selling price for consignments sold.
- We will only pay for items that were sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
- At the end of the consignment period we will assess your book to offer you a renewal. The renewal fee is 40 dollars.
- You will have 20 days to pick up your books after you are contacted about your consignment expiring. If you do not respond within 20 days we will no longer be responsible for your books. The books will be considered forfeited and we will donate the books to a non-profit organization of our choosing.
For consideration you must provide:
- A copy of your book to Preet Singh
Preferred method is to leave your book for consideration at Eagle Eye Book Shop. If you mail the book please put ATTN: Preet on the package. Include a note about how you want to consign, which program you are interested in and contact information.
- A critical review or description of your book in approximately 50 words as well as a jpg of your book.
If we select your book for consignment we have 3 consignment programs to choose from. The fees help pay for the administrative and promotional expenses incurred with the many consignments we handle every year.
Basic Package $50.00
- Your book is placed in a prime location at the front of the store in our Local Author Features.
- You will get social media posts about your book on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In order to qualify for a book event or book signing you must be successful with one of the packages above. If you are we will explain the book event package.
MAKE YOUR CONSIGNMENT SUCCESSFUL
- Word of mouth is very important! Encourage your friends and family to purchase the book with us.
- Write up a press release about your book. Don’t just pitch your book, tell a story. Write content that intrigues a person to want to read your book. Include a picture and a bio of you, the author.
- Contact your local media, alumni organization, clubs, etc. and send them your press release. Include any subject matter that is relevant to your book. Tell them how you came up with the idea for your book. Mention the book is available at Eagle Eye Book Shop
- Offer to speak at book club meetings, libraries, civic organizations, and any organization/venue that might be looking for speakers.
- If you have a website for your book, always include a link to Eagle Eye.
- Promote on all platforms of social media. Set up a business page on Facebook for your book so your fans can like and follow you. Feature excerpts from your book in posts as well as pictures.
Email Preet Singh to submit your book for our consignment program, firstname.lastname@example.org